Okay, summer has seriously FLOWN by!!! I can't believe it. I hate to admit it but I was dreading summer and praying that it would go quickly. By the end of June I was thinking...okay, nevermind! I've heard/read so many times in the past 3 months how Time is a gift....I'm truly starting to see it and believe it. This past week has sparked a lot of emotions.....
First, Jack has started Pre-K.....so thankful that BA only has 1/2 day Pre-K. He would not be ready for full day but he, okay we both, were ready for him to start school. He has a great teacher at Indian Springs and he absolutley loves it. Meet the teacher he went right in and gave her a big hug and started playing. Then the first day he ran in and left us hangin' in the hall, which was fine with me...less drama for momma was a good thing. I actually did great...I got a tiny bit sad only because he is at a "big boy school" as we call it in our house. After the first day he came running into the car and said, "This place is great, I had so much fun!"Which leads me to the next emotion....I MISS TEACHING!! I've realized this summer that teaching is my true passion...I love it. I actually could have cried at Parent's Night last night because that could be me talking about kids, their love of learning, learning letters, centers, Literacy First, conferences, etc. Then I come back to reality and realize God has blessed me at this time, to stay at home with my kids. Teaching will always be there but my kids won't always be young. So....onto the next thing...Sam. He is going to Cedar Ridge Preschool 2 days a week and loves it also. He is my child who, right now at this stage, wants daddy and hates being dropped off. To our surprise, Meet the teacher, he did great and loved it, so when I dropped him off...no tears for once...whooohoo for mommy too:)!There are 10 kids in his class and ironically, 9 BOYS and 1 GIRL...oh how I feel sorry for the teachers.:) So around here we are getting into routines!!!! I think it's going to be a great year!!!
(These photos are of both boys first days)
No comments:
Post a Comment