When David and I were registering for gifts before we were married, I came across this picture of 3 rabbits. I loved it and really thought no one would buy it for us, but my friend Bev, at Christmas Expressions convinced me to put it on my registry, so I did. Low and behold,a few of my moms friends went in on it as our wedding gift. After we were married, I placed the picture in front of our bed in our Inola house. As I was laying in bed one night the picture really spoke to me(okay not literally) but I begin to look at it as how my life was.There is a picture of one white bunny(representing David), one black bunny(representing Damontay) and in the middle, one mixed bunny representing myself. (Why am I the mixed one you ask? Well ever since middle school, people have always asked if I had any "black"bloodlines in me, mainly because of my love for R&B music at a young age(given to me by my parents:), dancing,beat boxing(which was taught to me by 2 friends in 7th grade) and my desire to minister to inner city kiddos.)
It just struck me that night that God had my life planned. He knew where I would end up, the people he would place in my life and who my family would be. It gave me so much peace looking at that picture and knowing God is in control.
Our first year of marriage was unlike many. It was tough and sometimes I would think, "Why Lord? Why am I having to go to football games on Friday nights, worrying about going to parent teacher conferences, or not being able to do things with other couples because of Damontay's schedule, but I would look at that picture and just knew that this was my plan and I needed to be grateful that God placed Damontay in my life. I was there to guide him and help him through life. Damontay has truly taught me so much and I am truly blessed God put him in my path.I love him as God loves me...unconditionally. I have learned that to be a parent doesn't mean you have to physically birth a child. A parent is one who gives you , food, clothing, shelter, but above all LOVE! I love Damontay like he is my own and looking back am grateful for all the things David and I got to do with him while he was in high school.
(So,on another funny note about the picture. It now hangs in our guest bathroom. Jack was in the bathroom the other day and he said, "Mom, I want the rabbit picture out of here." I laughed and said, "Why?". He said, "Because that white rabbit keeps starring at me and I don't like it!!")
No comments:
Post a Comment