Yes, Maggie and Gracie were our first babies. They are spoiled rotten and most days drive me crazy because they are a bit high maintenance(which I know, we have done). They sleep with David and I and for the record that was David's doing....when we first got Gracie we vowed our dogs would NEVER sleep with us. Well, I went away on a girls trip and when I came home Gracie had been sleeping with David, so thanks babe:)! Anyway, David and I were talking about how they are like children and they take alot of work and $! When we lived in Inola, Gracie got into some old moldy leaves and got very sick.She was in the hospital for over a week and ended up getting pancreatitis(or something like that.) We have to really watch her and make sure she doesn't eat "people" food, which is difficult because she gets into everything. She recently got into a bag which had Whoppers in them and she got sick all over our closet. She has eaten a whole pack of gum, wrappers and all which resulted in another pet visit with blood work. She also LOVES to eat q-tips whole and then they come out of her body whole :).....YUK. Maggie on the other hand is 4 lbs of pure snobbishness. She takes a long time to warm up to you but once she does she loves to cuddle on anyone's chest. I was watching them lay cuddled together on the couch the other day and I thought...."How I would LOVE their lives, no worries in the world, eat, sleep, cuddle......" THE LIFE!:)
Anyway, it's been fun seeing Sam and Jack love and play with the girls and they are great with kids. And although dogs, like kids, are alot of work, they are apart of the family and we love them:)
No comments:
Post a Comment